Front Page News

Cordova Bay PAC & Remembrance Day

Picture of MaryLynn Heron
Cordova Bay PAC & Remembrance Day
by MaryLynn Heron - Friday, 6 November 2020, 1:03 PM

A HUGE thank you to our Parent Advisory Council for supporting some terrific Halloween fun for our students and for supplying the spooky gourdes that were turned into all kinds of fun creatures and art projects. PAC President Michelle Joergensen and Communications Coordinator Heidi Low decorated our gym stage and transformed it into a fabulous photo booth. Lara Collins, PAC volunteer, was our official photographer. All of our students danced it up to some fun tunes in their cohort and had a class photo in the booth. It was so much fun to see our students in their costumes to enjoy this event!

With gratitude for our PAC and the commitment to make Halloween memorable, despite the times!

With Remembrance Day next Wednesday, November 11th, I thought I would include another quick bit on gratitude (see below). Like many of you, I have never been more grateful for the privileges I am granted and for the democratic values of our country. Values that were fought for long ago and continue to be upheld through peacekeeping measures today.

The resource below is all about gratitude and how to cultivate appreciation and positive thinking. 
Try this simple exercise in this moment:
1)Think about one thing you are grateful for.
2)Think about one person you are grateful for.

It's amazing how doing a simple exercise can lift your mood and change your energy.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend,

Mrs. ML Heron