Supporting Emotional Health Parent Evening: Virtual Meeting from 7:00-8:30 pm. See below on how to register.
Last Day of School!
COVID Safety Reminders:
- Physical Distancing & Masks: Thank you to parents for maintaining physical distancing at pick-up and drop-off times and for wearing your masks.
- Mobile Health Check APP: Families are encouraged to download and use the mobile Health Check App daily.
- Entering the School Building: Thank you for calling the school office prior to entering the building and for only entering the building at the front door of the school.
- Wearing of Masks for Grade 4/5 Students: Thank you to all of our Gr. 4/5 students and their families for your support, as we help students adjust to wearing masks indoors. We suggest you send your child to school in a clean mask, and with a spare mask, that they are used to wearing.
The Russell Books Virtual Book Fair: Monday, May 31-June 11. Get ready for some summer reading by ordering from a selection of books online through the Book Fair Website at https://bookfair.russellbooks.com/. Or, go visit Russell Books in person at 100-747 Fort Street, Victoria BC, to choose from their complete selection of books in-store. Just tell the cashier you are from Cordova Bay Elementary to count your books towards our sale. 30% of all sales goes towards the purchase of new books for the Cordova Bay Learning Commons, so please support our school and a great local business! The book fair runs until June 11, and all books ordered online will be delivered to your student at school before the end of June. Any questions? Email Mrs. Bales at email@example.com.
Freezy Fridays - In Support of the Dirty Wall Project in Mumbai, India: Freezies will be available for sale after school on Fridays at the front and back of the school for $1.00. Funds will be donated to the Dirty Wall Project in Mumbai, India, which focuses on healthcare and education.
The Power of Why, A Blog by
the Superintendent of Saanich Schools, Dave Eberwein: The
Shameful History of Residential Schools.
School Bus Registration for 2021/21 is Open Until June 20, 2021: Please click HERE for all the information regarding bus registration and to register your child for the school bus. You will need your child’s student number to register and can contact the school office to get it.
Supporting Emotional Balance Parent Evening: Virtual Session on June 9, 7:00-8:30 pm. The District and COPACS are pleased to be able to offer a parent evening on Supporting Emotional Balance. David Segal will be leading the virtual session. David is the Executive Director of Human Nature Counselling Society. He will be focussing on strategies and approaches to supporting children and youth--and ourselves--during these uncertain times. Click HERE to register.
Families Not Returning to Cordova Bay in
September 2021: If your child will not return to Cordova Bay
Elementary for the 2021-22 school year, could you kindly let the school know
asap for planning purposes. Thank you.
Thrifty Smile Card Program - Cancelled after June: Unfortunately, we will no longer be fundraising through the Thrifty Smile Card Program after this month. Changes to the program will not allow each customer to preload their cards and the percent back to the school has decreased as well. We are currently looking into alternate option for Sept 2021.
Pacific Dance Centre
- Summer Ballet Programs: See attached pdf for more
International Student Program: Saanich International
Student Program is actively looking for new Host Families for the international
students joining us at the end of August. Make lifelong friendships, be a
student's home away from home and share the beauty of your community!
If you are interested in this opportunity, this is what is provided for
- $975 per month per student (students must have their own bedroom)
- An additional $300.00 per student for the 14-day quarantine (to help cover any extra expenses)
- Ongoing support from the SISP Homestay Team