Health and Safety Information for families attending the 2021 Cordova Bay Open House
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Your child’s classroom teacher will have sent you an invite to an Open House for either September 21st or September 28th. Our school community is very much looking forward to spending some time with you and your child(ren). It is always a joy to see the pride that students show in sharing their classroom with their parents and guardians.
To ensure a safe evening for all, we ask that families follow the health and safety protocols below:
- Attend only the evening(s) for which you have signed up – Our aim is to avoid overcrowding and to create a safe environment for all comfort levels. To achieve this, we have made every effort to stagger the number of visitors to the building on each evening.
- Exit/Entrance doors for families – Your classroom teacher will indicate which door to use for access to the classroom. We kindly ask that you use this for both entering and exiting. Signs will be posted on the doors for your reference.
- Staggered times – Please enter the building at your assigned access door and at your assigned time, in order to avoid congestion. We ask that families avoid congregating in the school hallways and exit the building in a timely fashion after your visit to the classroom.
- Limit your visit to your child’s classroom – Thank you for not circulating/touring in the hallways.
- If you have 2 planned visits on the same evening for more than one child, we ask that you exit and enter via the assigned exit for each class instead of passing through the hallways to get from one class to the other.
- Limit your visit to immediate family members only – This supports us in managing overcrowding.
- Masks – We ask that all adults and students in Grades 4 and 5 wear a mask for this event.
- Hand Sanitize – Please ensure that everyone in your family hand sanitizes prior to entering and that your child and your family respects the learning tools, work and areas of other students while visiting by only touching your child’s work, etc. Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Complete the Health Check sign-in for ALL members of your family, prior to entering the classroom.
- DO NOT ENTER if you are unwell.
Thank you to all of our families for your cooperation and attention to these health and safety pieces. We are excited to welcome parents back into the school and are confident that these safety measures will support a controlled and safe evening for everyone.
Mrs. Mary Lynn Heron