Front Page News

Happy Holidays

Picture of MaryLynn Heron
Happy Holidays
by MaryLynn Heron - Friday, 17 December 2021, 1:04 PM

Dear Parents and Guardians,

At this time of year, I am blessed as school Principal to share in the excitement of Cordova Bay students, as they gear up for winter break and the myriad of family traditions that await them. Such a great time of year to be in an elementary school - crafts, baking, magic, singing, caring, sharing, learning, of course, and so many other delights. What a gift! And our gift to you this year is the Christmas concert videos. I know you will all agree that the videos are truly treasures of pure joy! Thank you to Mrs. Sandy Lockhart, music teacher, and human extraordinaire, for making this happen and to all of our staff for supporting this grand endeavour.

An even greater gift is your trust in me and my staff during these uncertain times. Please know that it is a shared trust, as we navigate the shifts and changes in our world locally and globally. I am routinely assured that our parent community supports the health and welfare of staff and students, by following the protective measures set out for schools by the BCCDC. I am deeply grateful for your ongoing commitment to health and safety.

One of the many safety measures in place at school is absence management. Over winter break, some families may be planning trips away from home. Should your family anticipate any necessary isolation period following a return, it is important that you communicate absences with the school office for the purposes of absence management and also with the teacher for the teacher’s planning purposes. I have included for you below a link to the travel requirements for all B.C. residents who travel nationally and internationally. If you plan to travel internationally, BCCDC asks that you pay special attention to the Federal requirements for entering Canada and plan ahead to ensure you can meet all the testing and other requirements for returning.

http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/prevention-risks/travel

Travel - British Columbia Centre for Disease Control

Check the COVID-19 situation where you plan to visit. Follow local guidance and take precautions to prevent COVID-19. <br /> <br />International travellers should plan ahead for the travel requirements of their destination and for returning home.

www.bccdc.ca

Whether you are planning a cuddle-up Christmas at home or adventures farther afield, I wish you immense joy, comfort and calm.

With gratitude for your partnership,

Mrs. Mary Lynn Heron

Principal