Front Page News

From Mrs. Beattie

Picture of Anita Ko
From Mrs. Beattie
by Anita Ko - Monday, 27 June 2016, 2:01 PM

Dear Cordova Bay families and staff,

After having written about 120 sets of report cards I have decided to turn off the computer and retire!

I do look back on my 43 years of teaching with much fondness as I remember those special moments

with my "hundreds if not 1000) students, their families and the many staff members from Cordova Bay,

Greenglade, Sansbury and Sidney schools.  It is with some sadness that I will not start out each day with several school bags being loaded into my car, laughter with many staff members in the halls of Cordova Bay School as well as hearing "Mrs. Beattie, Mrs. Beattie..." throughout the next six hours of the day!  I always appreciated having the time to speak with so many parents around the school.  Thank you all to the families and staff members for doing what you do in making Cordova Bay School the best that it can be!

"Parting is such sweet sorrow," as my husband Patrick tells me.  There is some truth in that.

I wish you all the very best and may our paths cross in the years to come!  It has been such an honour

having taken this career path...all that has happened will be remembered and kept close to my heart. 

I now look forward to having more time to spend with my family (even if it means going up to "cold"

Whitehorse), good friends as well as spending time and meeting new people in other places!

Mrs. Beattie