2020/2021 Bus Transportation Registration is Now Open: Registration for bus transportation is NOW OPEN and will close at 5:00 p.m. on June 30, 2020 . Click HERE to register.
The Power of Why [A Blog by the Saanich Superintendent of Schools]: Leadership Through a Storm
Cordova Bay Drive & Wave:
Dear Cordova Bay School Community,
Well, we didn't need the sun for our Drive and Wave Tuesday, as the warmth from the smiles, waves, hoots, hollers and hellos warmed the hearts of everyone involved.
Thank you to Mrs. Lockhart and Ms. Meausette for organizing the important details and route planning, Mrs. Cowley for sending out the messages via our website and our fab Fire Truck Drivers and First Responders Chris McKay and Mingo Miguel. And of course, to all of our staff for connecting in this way with our students. Here's what the flurry of staff emails tells me about the Drive and Wave:
- I agree that it was balm for the soul yet also reminds us what we are missing...
- I knew I was sad and missing everyone but this really hit home. That was incredibly emotional and uplifting. I could do that weekly!
- Those were the most uplifting moments for me since all of this started! Hard to keep back the tears...
- I agree - it was so heartwarming and touching to see all those familiar faces.
- Glad we spread some love and cheer!
- Yes this was just awesome! Really missing all those smiling faces!!!
- Makes me really miss school. I knew I missed all of you and the kids... but this really hit home!
- Well! That was so much fun...and then I came home and had a good old fashioned cry. I miss all of your faces and those kiddos faces from school!
- That was incredible! My heart is so full.
- What an emotional and uplifting experience! It was truly wonderful to see all of you and our Cordova Bay Cedars community cheering us on.
Thank you to everyone who was able to join us for this community event. We are so grateful for our Cordova Bay Family!
With gratitude, Mrs. ML Heron