Dear Cordova Bay Families,
Your Cordova Bay School Family looks forward to welcoming you this week. For all students registered in the M/T, Wed./Th or ESW program, 3 quick reminders for your return:
- Bring your lunch, snacks, water bottle, sunscreen, hats and a smile!
- Don't forget to bring appropriate clothes for outdoor playtime, such as rain gear (we will try to spend lots of time out in the fresh air - rain or shine
- Remember that pick-up and drop off spot is at the back of the school where you will find your division marker and your teacher at 8:35 and your parent/caregiver to greet you at 2:48.
Health and Safety First
In order to minimize traffic through the school, visitor access is restricted, until further notice. Parents and caregivers are kindly asked to remain outside of the school, unless an appointment has been made through the school office. Please contact Mrs. Tammy Cowley @ 250 658 5315 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange school access. We acknowledge that restricting school access is very counter to Cordova Bay culture; however, in keeping safety first, we are keen to minimize unnecessary traffic and cleaning of accessed areas.
All students and staff are expected to complete a daily health screen BEFORE leaving home to come to school. Thrive BC has a helpful digital self-assessment tool found at: https://bc.thrive.health/
No individual should come to school if they:
• Are showing illness symptoms similar to those of the flu or common cold: fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, stuffy/runny nose
• Have traveled outside Canada in the last 14 days
• Have been in close contact of a confirmed case or outbreak of COVID19
Pick-up and Drop Off (regular 8:40 start)
- Parents are encouraged to drop off students at either the front of school (supervised by Mrs. Heron and Mrs. Cowley) or at the back of school (supervised by Ms. Meausette and Ms. Jenkins). We will direct your child to their marked division line-up located at the back of the school for school entry.
- Your child’s teacher will then greet students at 8:35 at their lineup on the back blacktop to support a staggered transition into the building at 8:40.
- Pick-up will also be on the back blacktop and this too will be staggered.
- As we are wary of congestion, at both pickup and drop off, we encourage families to allow for safe physical distancing by leaving the line-up area, as soon as you have dropped off or picked up your child(ren). The front field and the top field are nice wide spaces that will allow for our families to reconnect and socialize safely. If your child is experiencing difficulty with this transition, staff will be available to support.
- Please note that the path access to the back of the school from the front, which runs along the side of the school next to the field, is blocked off. This will likely be blocked off for the remainder of the school year while construction of our new portables takes place. Thank you for not passing through the barricades placed there by our facilities staff. If you wish to access the back of the school from the front, please pass along the top field or use the pathway to the left of the school next to the 55+.
Please note the following changes to our school schedules for the month of June
- K-2 11:15-11:45 (Lunch eating time - supervised by classroom teacher)
- K-2 11:45-12:15 (Lunch play time - supervised by EAs and Admin
- Gr 3-5 & Gr 2/3 class 11:15-11:45 (Lunch play time - supervised by EAs and Admin)
- Gr 3-5 & Gr 2/3 class 11:45-12:15 (Lunch eating time - supervised by classroom teacher)
- NO RECYCLING OR COMPOSTING – pack in and pack out
- Gr 3-5 Classes & Gr 2/3 class – 1:00-1:30
- K-2 Classes – 1:30-2:00
Mrs. ML Heron