Front Page News

First Week Back

Picture of MaryLynn Heron
First Week Back
by MaryLynn Heron - Friday, 18 September 2020, 10:13 AM

Dear Parents/Guardians,

Mr. Rogers once said, “Often when you think you’re at the end of something you’re at the beginning of something else.” What a wonderful perspective given the current realities. Every day I wonder what the “something else” will be for us, as our new school year unfolds. Whatever the year brings, what we know for sure is that health and safety will continue to take centre stage; and will continue to envelope our goal of supporting the social-emotional and academic development of our students.

Thank you for supporting our first week back and your ongoing compliance around the following health and safety items:

• Daily Health Checks (an updated form appears on our school site at the top – you will see that some changes have been made to provide greater clarity for your). Thank you for completing daily.
  • Drop-off and pick-up (To avoid congestion on the school grounds and to support physical distancing, please exit the grounds as soon as possible, after you have dropped off your child. There is supervision at both the front and back of school for your child(ren) – 15 minutes before school and 15 minutes after. If your child is having difficulty transitioning to school, please feel free to stay and support your child.)
  • A.M. drop-off no earlier than 15 minutes prior to 8:40. Thank you!
  • Playgrounds are closed at drop-off and pickup times and students are asked to head to their line-ups when they arrive

They say that humour is the best medicine, and when I find myself steeped in important COVID protocols, I make sure that I take some time in my day to laugh. As we head off into the weekend, after our first week back, I thought I would share a bit of humour with you. I hope this one is new for you! As the school Principal, I have had many laughs with you, our parents, and staff, and one such laugh was around my supposed Crystal Ball. No, I do not have one, but there are times when I wished I did. I do, however, have one prediction for you….

There will be a minor baby boom in 9 mths and then one day,

in 2033,

we shall witness the rise of the QUARANTEENS!

Enjoy your weekend,

Mrs. Mary Lynn Heron

Principal