Non-Instructional Day on Friday – Students do not attend school.
PAC Zoom General Meeting – Literacy Presentation (7:00-8:30 pm)
LAST Day for Parents of Gr. 4 Students to do Student Learning Survey [Click HERE to participate.]
Lifetouch Class Photos (Outside)
COVID Safety Reminders:
- Physical Distancing & Masks: Thank you to parents for maintaining physical distancing at pick-up and drop-off times and for wearing your masks.
- Mobile Health Check APP: Families are encouraged to download and use the mobile Health Check App daily.
- Entering the School Building: Thank you for calling the school office prior to entering the building and for only entering the building at the front door of the school.
Non-Instructional Day, Friday, April 23: Reminder that there is NO school this Friday! Enjoy your long weekend!
Wearing of Masks for Grade 4/5 Students: Thank you to all of our Gr. 4/5 students and their families for your support, as we help students adjust to wearing masks indoors. We suggest you send your child to school in a clean mask, and with a spare mask, that they are used to wearing.
Warmer Weather Reminders: With warmer weather arriving, parents/guardians are asked to please:
- send a water bottle each day with your child(ren) so they can stay well-hydrated throughout the day,
- apply any sunscreen needed prior to coming to school,
- send them to school with a HAT as children will spend more time outside in addition to their regular lunch/recess breaks.
Reporting of Student Absences: The office really appreciates all the calls regarding your child’s absence to the school Safe Arrival Line at 250 658-4002! Please ensure that you call each day that your child will be away or provide the dates if they will have an extended absence. Thank you so much for your help in this!
Families Not Returning to Cordova Bay in September 2021: If your child will not return to Cordova Bay Elementary for the 2021-22 school year, could you kindly let the school know asap for planning purposes. Thank you.
Student Learning Survey for Gr. 4 Parents: – Open until April 30th – Click HERE for all the details and to participate.
PAC General Zoom Meeting - April 28: Literacy Session - Fostering a Love of Reading at Home
Join Zoom Meeting (Meeting ID: 827 2481 9876): https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82724819876?pwd=aDJkL2pxRmRxUGpPQ3FWSTRFVzRodz09
- Ms. Lisa Kinshella - Reading Recovery and District Early Years - Support Teacher
- Mrs. Mary Lynn Heron - Principal
Join us for an informal and relaxed evening of sharing and learning about reading. The session will be a Q&A on how to best support your child with reading, especially over the summer months. Lisa and Mary Lynn are passionate about reading and look forward to supporting parents in building a toolbox of reading strategies to make reading joyful not just during summer break but for all times. Please email your questions regarding reading to Mrs. Heron at firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to the 28th. We will use parent questions to frame our discussion on the 28th. Thank you!
School Apparel Sale - Now closed. http://www.cbspac.org/index.php/fundraisers/
- Details on Pickup: TBA
- Contact Pia if you have any questions.
Claremont Grad 2021 Silent Auction Fundraiser: Click HERE for more information.
Saanich Schools International Student Program: Homestay families needed starting September 2021. See below more information.