Front Page News

Welcome Back! (Information from Mrs. Heron, Principal, for the first week of school!)

Picture of Tammy Cowley
Welcome Back! (Information from Mrs. Heron, Principal, for the first week of school!)
by Tammy Cowley - Monday, 27 August 2018, 3:40 PM

Welcome Back!

A warm welcome back to all of our returning Cordova Bay families and warm greetings to our new families!  Ms. Carolin Meausette, School Vice Principal, and I very much look forward to getting to know all of you over the course of the year. 

Following is some information regarding the first week of school:

Tuesday, September 4th

• Grades 1-5 only in attendance 8:40-10:15 
  • All new students, Grades 1-5, please report to the school office
  • Start of Homecoming Days (please see attached information regarding Cordova Bay's Homecoming Days)

Wednesday, September 5th

• Homecoming Days continue Grades 1-5 (8:40-2:48) 
  • Kindergarten Gradual Entry (Students have been placed in Group A, B or C with varying start times. Please contact the office if you do not have your child's schedule)

Thursday, September 6th

• Homecoming Days continue Grades 1-5 (8:40-2:48)
  • Kindergarten Gradual entry continues
  • School supplies can be brought to school

Friday, September 7th

• Students will be placed in classes and will attend a homecoming assembly in the a.m. Although it is our wish that children are in classes for the 2018-2019 school year on this day, please note that this may be delayed if there are any unexpected changes to school enrollment or class placements. Thank you for your patience, as staff work through the complex and valuable process of student placement.

My first Cordova Bay Principal's Message will be sent this Friday. My monthly messages are intended to highlight our school successes and our learning journey (both staff and students). I welcome dialogue around the items I will share in my message and hope that you will connect with me, should I spark an idea, suggestion or concern.

I am truly grateful to partner with you on your child's learning journey.

Sincerely,

Mary Lynn Heron

Principal