Parents/Guardians are reminded that the Volunteer Driver Application must be completed EACH SCHOOL YEAR which includes re-submitting the required documentation. If you wish to drive for class field trips, please ensure that you submit your 2019-20 Volunteer Driver Application along with the necessary forms. Criminal Record Checks are valid for 3 years. Please check with the school office to see if yours is still valid.
School Volunteer Information
The Saanich School District appreciates the many volunteers who support our students throughout the year. We are committed to providing a safe and secure learning environment for our students and therefore ask volunteers to provide schools with the following information:
Criminal Record Checks - Valid for 3 Years
Volunteers are required to complete a Criminal Record Check every three years.
Please apply online to the Ministry of Justice at https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/ and use Access Code UV53DWHBYX. Your Criminal Record Check will be sent to the School Board Office for review.
Applicants who have not been living in Canada for at least 2 years or do not have a credit history of at least 6 months are required to obtain a Criminal Record Check through their local police department. The school office can provide a letter to assist with this process.
Volunteer Drivers - Forms & Required Documentation Done EACH School Year
In addition to completing a Criminal Record Check, Volunteer Drivers are required to complete the following steps each school year:
- Request a copy of your Driver’s Abstract. You can either:
- Apply online: https://onlinebusiness.icbc.com/clio/
- Visit your local ICBC branch. Please bring your driver’s license and another form of ID. OR
- Call ICBC on 250-978-8300. Please have your driver’s license number ready.
- Complete Volunteer Driver Application.
- Bring the completed form to your school office along with a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, Driver’s License and insurance document.
We greatly appreciate all of our volunteers taking the time to complete this process. All information will be kept strictly confidential. Please feel free to contact your school office for more information.