Dear Cordova Bay Families,
We wish to thank you for your support and understanding as we worked this spring to create new ways for learning during difficult circumstances. The constant throughout this time has been the joy and excitement we see in our students whether that is remotely or during our more recent in-person connections. As we move towards the end of this school year, we want to draw your attention to a few important pieces of information.
Last Day of Instruction
There are some important changes to note for our end of year. In order to complete some procedures that are unique to this school year, the last day of instruction for all students will be Wednesday June 24th. This will also include all ESW students.
- Tuesday, June 23
Students who are attending a Monday/Tuesday cohort will have their final day on Tuesday June 23rd. At this time, those students will receive their report card and take home any of their personal belongings and supplies.
- Wednesday, June 24
The Wednesday/Thursday cohort will similarly take home their report card, personal belongings and supplies on Wednesday June 24th. This will be the last day for this cohort.
- Thursday, June 25
Students engaging in remote learning have an opportunity to pick up their report card and belongings on Thursday June 25th. The following processes will be in place for that day:
- Pickup will take place in the undercovered area at the back of the school area from 8:00-3:00
- Please follow the signage and respect physical distancing
- If you have any library books that have not been returned to the school, please return them when you come for pickup.
Student Device Return
During the COVID 19 public health emergency, schools needed to find a way to pivot to a remote, online learning environment. Through incredible cooperation of schools, custodial and health and safety staff, transportation and technology teams we were able to distribute many devices to students safely and efficiently. As we close this school year, we must collect these devices and return them to their schools. Please follow the below instructions to return a device:
- Students who are attending a Monday/Tuesday cohort will have an opportunity, during class time, to return their device to the school office. Please ensure that devices are sent with your child to school no later than your last day of class which will be Tuesday, June 23rd Do not forget to also return the chromebook charger.
- Students who are attending a Wednesday/Thursday cohort will have an opportunity, during class time, to return their device to the school office. Please ensure that devices are sent with your child to school no later than Wednesday, June 24th Do not forget to also return the chromebook charger.
- Remote Learners, and any learners from the Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday/Thursday cohorts who did not return their device on their cohort day, are asked to return devices to Cordova Bay school undercovered area on Thursday, June 25th between 8:00-3:00 which is the same day as report card and student belonging pickup. Please do not forget to also return the chromebook charger.
- For those families who are unable to return devices by the dates listed above, there will be further information posted, to the district and school wesbsites, regarding additional drop off dates and depots.
Student Medication (epipens, etc.)
- Students who are attending a Monday/Tuesday cohort - medication will be returned to families in a sealed envelope for students to take home in backpack on Tuesday, June 23rd. Please let the office know if you prefer a different arrangement.
- Students who are attending a Wednesday/Thursday cohort - medication will be returned to families in a sealed envelope for students to take home in backpack on Wednesday, June 24th. Please let the office know if you prefer a different arrangement.
- Remote Learners – medication can be picked up from the undercovered area on Thursday, June 25th from 8:00-3:00, along with any other student belongings and report card. Please let the office know if you require a different arrangement.
Student Library Books
- Due date is today Friday, June 12th (drop-off bin in foyer to school between 55+ and school entrance)
- Students who have not yet retuned books are encouraged to take some time today to do so. If you are unable, and are in either the Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday/Thursday cohort, please return your books before the last day of school.
- Last and final drop-off day for books is Thursday, June 25th Please contact the school if you were unable to drop off by June 25th
All neighbourhood schools in Saanich will be closed for instruction during the summer. Please continue to look on the Saanich Schools website for more information on school start-up in September. Parents will also be contacted through the email address we have on file for you at the school when more information from the province is available.
As always, should you have questions, please contact Mrs. Mary Lynn Heron at email@example.com We thank you for your flexibility and understanding, and we wish all of you a safe and happy summer.
With gratitude for
your tremendous support during this unprecedented time,
Mrs. Mary Lynn